This week Mr Pine Nut turns 35. As per usual, he requested a cobbler rather than a cake. He wanted peach, but I only had nectarines in the freezer. Close enough.
Various good things about my husband:
- He helped me finally get my driver’s license at 28.
- He caught Lou Who when she was born in our unfinished bathroom minutes before the midwife arrived.
- He finds pleasure in simple things… like pruning trees.
- He got me started on the road to plant-based cooking.
- He introduced me to the world of outdoorsy-ness and hiking.
- He bought me my first Apple product, an iMac, around the time we got engaged.
- He gave me two beautiful little girls.
- He put up with me very lovingly for the 40 weeks of misery and hormonal rage otherwise known as being pregnant with Lou Who.
- He plays very lovely music on his pennywhistle.
- He understands me when I say “Fluff fluffs and Fold folds, but sometimes Fluff folds and Fold fluffs.”
- He is not too macho to change poopy diapers.
- He likes to Jump Off Things with me.
These are just a few of the many things I could say. But there is too much. Let me sum up. I love you, Mr Pine Nut. 🙂
Here’s to the next 35 years!